Driving Lesson Prices
The exact price you pay for lessons will depend on your instructor and how many lessons you need
Driving Lesson Prices from October 2023
Manual prices are:
£39 Per Hour Pay as you Go buy 10 hours Save £20 and they go to £37 Per Hour to get a discount.
Automatic prices are:
£45 Per Hour Pay as you Go buy 10 hours Save £30 and they go to £42 Per Hour to get a discount.
Lessons are always 2 hours long.
Availability If you are free during the day, then we can have more spaces sooner, if you are after evenings or weekends these are far more popular and are booked up usually weeks ahead.
- an average learner will need 45* lessons to pass their test, plus private practice with friends or family.
- a theory test is currently £24
- the cost of your practical test the Government will charge you depends on the time and day. A weekday test is £62; tests held in the evening, weekend or bank holiday will set you back £75
- * This is the average amount of hours as recommended by the DSA. This should include 25-30 hours private practice with friends or family.
We have some fantastic driving lesson offer discounts for block bookings. Driving Lesson Prices
How to save Be sure you get the best tuition available with a fully qualified instructor. You could learn more quickly, which will help to bring the cost down. By booking lessons in advance you can take advantage of some great discounts. Book your Blue lessons in advance and you can save £2 an hour. Two-hour lessons could help you learn more quickly, as you’ll have more time in each lesson to get to grips with new topics and go over recent manoeuvres.
* This does depend on the individual, age, experience and everybody learns differently.