Apply For A License
Apply For A License
Apply online at Apply Online in person or by post You can apply for your provisional driving licence by completing the D1 application form that is available from the DVLA form ordering service or Post Office® branches. You will also need to enclose original documentation confirming your identity, a passport style colour photograph and the fee of £50.00. Send your completed application and payment to DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1AD or you may be able to use the premium checking service.
We have some fantastic introduction driving lesson offers including discounts for students & block bookings.
Once you have your licence your Blue driving instructor will collect you for your first driving lesson, and will provide all of the relevant information concerning your training programme, this includes your:
To get your first provisional driving licence online for a moped, motorbike or car you must:
- be at least 15 years and 9 months old
- be able to read a number plate from 20 metres away
- provide an identity document unless you have a valid UK biometric passport
- provide addresses where you’ve lived over the last 3 years
- pay £34 by MasterCard, Visa, Electron, Maestro or Delta debit or credit card
- have your National Insurance number if known
Your licence should arrive within one week if you apply online.
When you can apply
You can apply for a provisional driving licence when you’re 15 years and 9 months old.
When you have your provisional driving licence you can:
- ride a moped or light quad bike when you’re 16
- drive a car when you’re 17
Your licence will say when you can start driving different vehicles. Read more about the age you can start driving different vehicles.
You can drive a car when you are 16 if you get, or have applied for, the enhanced rate of the mobility component of Personal Independence Payment (PIP).
You’ll get a confirmation email from DVLA after you’ve applied. You might be asked to take part in research by email, but you can opt out.